This light & cooling breakfast reminds me of the summer I spent in Switzerland. Muesli is a popular breakfast option in Switzerland for good reason...it is delicious, provides sustained energy, AND is healthy of course 🙂
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 medium apples
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tbsp chopped raw almonds
- 2 Tbsp dried unsweetened or naturally sweetened cranberries or raisins
- For Serving:
- Cinnamon to taste
- Fresh seasonal fruit (ie. sliced strawberries or blueberries)
- 1. Dice apples & place in a mixing bowl. Add oats, yogurt, almond milk, pumpkin seeds, almonds, and cranberries/raisins.
- 2. Mix all ingredients, cover bowl, and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours (until oats soften).
- 3. Serve muesli in a bowl, topped with fresh fruit and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy 🙂
Image courtesy of [Michelle Meiklejohn] at FreeDigitalPhotos.net